Let me tell you, moving from teaching 2 classes and having over 2 hours for each to teaching 4 classes with only 70 minutes for each has been stressful. I’ve been brainstorming all summer how I’m going to get it all done. I honestly am still not 100% sure, but I have started having some type of idea.
- Seat work (7 minutes, set timer)
- Vocabulary (most on Monday)
- Read aloud
- Reading Skill (linked with read aloud)
- Grammar (Day 1 (Tues.): Intro/Anchor; Day 2 (Wed.): Practice; Day 3 (Thurs.): Individual/Group (as needed)
- Writing (Day 1: Anchor/Mentor Text/Model; Day 2: Practice)
- Informational Writing will be done mostly in science & social studies
- Continue to assess reading skills on Friday (bi-weekly)
- Spelling/vocabulary Assessments (bi-weekly/alternate weeks)
- Vocabulary Cycle: 10 days, 2 weeks
- Grammar (Tues/Wed/Thurs)
- Writing (Thurs/Fri)
And the question still lingers…
This is something I will still need to think about. Do you all have any questions about my schedule or when I’m going to do certain things? Comment below and I’ll answer them.